Browse by …
- Great Britain
- New Zealand
- South Africa
'En Primeur' is a French term for wine sold on release, prior to bottling
How does En Primeur work?
- After tasting through a myriad of casks and tanks of young wines a merchant will offer out a selection of wines from various producers ‘En Primeur’; these wines will then be aged, bottled and then shipped from the domaine when finished (up to two years later in the case of Bordeaux).
- The customer selects the wines required and pays for them, exclusive of duty and VAT, with their order.
- Once the wine has been shipped to the UK the customer has the choice of having the wine transferred into their own bonded storage account (please ask for details) or delivered to their home address once duty, VAT and any other associated handling charges have been paid.
Why buy En Primeur?
- En Primeur is the best ways to secure sought-after wines at release prices. Demand for the world's finest wines will often easily outstrip supply, and for this reason may not be available commercially later in their lives or, if they are, will often command much higher prices once bottled.
- Wines are subject to duty and VAT only at point of delivery from bond, so ideal for long-term storage or for trading purposes.
- En Primeur gives the customer the security of knowing the wine's provenance from the very start of its life, which is crucial for resale value.
- En Primeur wines make unique gifts, perfect for christenings and weddings.